I know it’s been a while since I rapped at ya’. Jim Anchower has always been a favorite of mine.
It has been a while. There are good reasons:
- It’s summer. I do not have a laptop, but must use my desktop in a room that is far too unexciting for summer.
- We adopted a dog, Arthur. We adopted him from the Humane Society. He is really a sweet sweet dog, but he does take up a good two hours of time per day. Oh, it’s fun time, but it is not blogging time.
- Work has been very busy. In terms of banking careers, Credit Analysis is a good place to be right now. Of course, this assumes your bank is still making loans and not simply doing loan work outs. I have been plugging away in my one man department. This includes working on software implementation for 2009, working on increased underwriting requirements, and hiring and training an additional Credit Analyst. My job has required a lot of focus and some additional work hours. Again, not blogging time.
- I recently joined my Condo Association’s Board of Directors. This does not take a ton of time, but has required some budgeting work for 2009. We just got our parking lot resealed. Check out the work.
- I have other projects that involve working outside. And, outside is better.
- Did I mention that it is summertime. I do have a list of topics to write about, I just do not want to focus on right now.
What is new in the nupitalverse? Plenty!
I would like to be able to say that we have picked the reception location. But, a new option has crept into the picture, the Lussier Family Heritage Center. This is a nice option, but will take some additional checking out before we make the final decision.
Our friends Kevin and Liz are getting married tomorrow. I think our five wedding year has been whittled down to four. This will make three of four weddings. I’m not sure what happened to the fifth. Their wedding will be at the East Side Club, which is one of the locations we had considered for our reception.
I am finally narrowing down the style for the men’s side of the wedding party. It’s looking a bit like linen pants and dress shirts. In all, good garden wedding garb.
I think that’s it for me now. I might have more, but I cannot think of it. My next post will be sooner than later.